Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snowy Day with MCS

Here we are, having another snowy day. At least we aren't snowed in completely at this time. I grew up in sunny California, far from the snow or bad weather of any kind. I was a true California girl, spending my teens and years beyond at the beautiful beaches, soaking in the sun and enjoying the feeling of health and warmth they offered. I would never have imagined living in the snow let alone in the mountains. Then when MCS struck, I couldn't utilize any of the beaches, areas, stores etc. that had been there my whole life. We looked for an alternative safer place to live. We have been in Snowy Colorado for five years now , and have found that this California girl has learned to love the snow. Besides looking beautiful, it cleanses the air and gives me the ability to live in relative safety.
So, when the weather man reports that a snowstorm is coming, I no longer think "UGH, not again" but know that as long as we have coffee, food and electricity, we can hunker down and just enjoy!

No comments: